4-Day 3-Night, Fully Guided $6,500 per hunter
Bull Tahr: 11-13 inches that will make the SCI record book. You might see an average of 15-20 Tahr per day with 3 trophy bulls or more on a good day. In March and April bulls are group up and not suitable for a life size mount. May is one of the best hunting months as it is before the snows however for the best life size caps June and July is prime time.
Fallow Buck: Are hunted on privately managed land , the ranch is 30,000 acres located in the stunning Central Otago. The ranch is a workong marino sheep farm and also farms a small amount of red deer for velvet. The landscape is vast and open with alot tussock country. This station offers probably the best traditional free range hunting you could ask for , with good 4wd access to most fo the property you will also find Feral Goats and Boar.
Access: Is by 4x4 vehicle that provides you with good access to most of the ranch during the hunt by way of some safe 4x4 roads up the mountain. However, not all roads can be used after heavy rain or snow. We do also have access to a helicopter at $1500US per hour for drop off and pick up hunts only as some hunters prefer the advantage of being dropped high on the mountain early in the day.
Accommodation: The accomodations for fallow dder hunting are Ranch House on the station ,which caters for up to six guests at any one time. You have access to a washer / and dryer unfortunately no internet. Accomodation for the Tahr hunting will depends on the time of year and the location in which we choose to hunt so please check with a member of the NewZealandHunting.com team for accurate information.
Other Game Animals:You can add on additional animals to your hunt on a trophy fee basis
- 1 trophy tahr or fallow
- Pickup/return Christchurch / Queenstown Airport
- 5 days professionally guided
- 4 nights accommodation
- All meals/light beverages
- All 4x4 transport
- All field caping
- Rifles provided at no charge
- Internet and cell service at lodge
- Full laundry service
- All Taxes
- Air travel within the US and to NZ or extensions in NZ
- Firearms licence $25NZ to be paid at the airport to the NZ police on arrival (not required for bow hunters or those using our rifles
- Helicopter hire $1500US per hour for up to three passengers
- Additional hunt days at $400 to $600US per day
- Non Hunter rate $300US per day
- Tour guide and vehicle hire rate $250-400US per day
- Upgrades and additional animals as per our rate sheet
- Additional accommodation nights and/or upgrades
- Small game shoot per person - $100
- 1 x 1 Upgrade $1,000
- Hard Liquor