5-Day 4-Night, Fully Guided $13,500 per hunter
Red Stag: You can expect to harvest a red stag between 350-380 SCI score
Bull Tahr: Bull Tahr: 11-13 inches You might see an average of 5-10 Tahr per day with 3 trophy bulls or more on a good day. In March and April bulls are group up and not suitable for a life size mount. May is one of the best hunting months as it is before the snows however for the best life size caps June and July is prime time.
Ranches: Are up to 6,000 acres and comprise of both open tussock country with some bush clad valleys. The properties rise from 1,500 ft. to over 6,000 ft. and offer probably the best traditional red stag hunting. You can also find Chamois, Fallow, Ram, Goat and Boar all on privately managed ranches in the South Island of New Zealand.
Access: Is by 4x4 vehicle that provides you with good access to most of the ranch during the hunt by way of some safe 4x4 roads up the mountain. However, not all roads can be used after heavy rain or snow.
Accommodation: About a 2 1/2 hour drive from Christchurch airport is our Ranch House which caters for up to six guests at any one time. You have access to a washer/dryer and there is phone/fax/internet in the lodge along with some cell service, these are between 5 and 25 minutes away from all our prime hunting areas.
Other Game Animals:You can include other big game animals on this hunt as the ranches Bull Tahr 10-13" and Fallow bucks up to 200 SCI. Then in the game ranch are Elk, NZ Wapiti, larger Red Stags, Fallow, Tahr, Chamois, Goat, Ram and Boar.
- 1 trophy Red Stag
- 1 trophy Bull Tahr
- Pickup/return Christchurch Airport
- 5 days professionally guided
- 4 nights accommodation
- All meals/light beverages
- All 4x4 transport
- Privately managed land
- All field caping
- Hunters Choice - Bow or Rifle
- Rifles provided at no charge
- Internet and cell service at lodge
- Self laundry service
- All Taxes
- Air travel within the US and to NZ or extensions in NZ
- Firearms licence $25NZ to be paid prior to trip on the NZ police website (not required for bow hunters or those using our rifles
- Helicopter hire $1500US per hour for up to three passengers
- Additional hunt
- Non Hunter rate
- Tour guide and vehicle hire rate $250-400US per day
- Upgrades and additional animals as per our rate sheet
- Additional accommodation nights and/or upgrades
- Small game shoot per person - $150
- 1 x 1 Upgrade $1,000
- Hard Liquor